New Education Policy 2020 is announced to modernize the old and outdated education system. Hoping this new system of rating, streamlining the educational institutes would overall the education system as well as offer the flexibility to the students who wish to enter or exit any time based on their passion and interest in future career.
Followings are few major points about India’s education system
1. 10 and 12 board structure is dropped
2. New school structure will be 5+3+3+4
3. Education is categorized: Upto 5 pre school, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School , 12 onwards Graduation
4. All college degree will be for 4 years
5. Vocational courses available from 6th standard.
6. From 8th to 11 students can choose subjects
7. All graduation course will have major and minor
(For example – a science student can have Computer Science as a major for profession and dance as minor for passion. Now on, students can choose any combination.
8. All higher education will be governed by only one authority.
9. UGC AICTE will be merged.
10. All University government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational etc will have same grading and other rules.
11. New Teacher Training board will be setup for all kinds of teachers in country, no state can change
12. Same level of Accreditation to any collage , based on its rating collage will get autonomous rights and funds.
13. New Basic learning program will be created by government for parents to teach children upto 3 years in home and for pre school 3 to 6
14. Multiple entry and exit from any course
15. Credit system for graduation for each year student will get some credits which he can utilize if he takes break in course and come back again to complete course
16. All schools exams will be semester wise twice a year
17. The syllabus will be reduced to core knowledge of any subject only
18. More focus on student practical and application knowledge
19. For any graduation course if student complete only one year he will get a basic certificate, if he complete two years then he will get Diploma certificate and if he complete full course then he will get degree certificate. So all the years of any student will be counted even if he break the course in between.
20.All the graduation course feed of all Universities will be govern by single authority with capping on each course.
#IndianEducation #India #IndiaNews #EducationReform #HongKongDesi #InternationalDesi